Hard Sand Casting
Hard Sand Moulding uses refractory sand “hard bonded in to place” as the mould material. This allows the sand grains to essentially be locked into place as they are moulded around a pattern of the shape that you want. The resultant hardened sand mould is what the molten metal is then poured into. The hard sand process offers;
- enhanced quality of Green Sand processes
- high level of accuracy and consistency
- jobbing or low volume production – ability to produce from 1 to 1000 units per run.
- complex shapes – undercuts and hollow centres can be formed
- capable of producing very large pieces.